Trading since 1989, e.surv Chartered Surveyors is the UK's number one residential surveyor and the largest provider of property risk expertise and residential surveying services. To put it into numbers, we complete more than one property inspection every 12 seconds and employ over 600 surveyors from Land’s End to John O’Groats and Northern Ireland. This gives us the flexibility to offer nationwide coverage combined with invaluable local knowledge.
We're part of the LSL Property Services Group PLC which includes household names Your Move and Reeds Rains as well as the mortgage network PRIMIS. We work with lenders, intermediaries, social housing entities and estate agents in addition to private customers.
Due to a number of exciting projects here at e.surv we are seeking an experienced Data Scientist. This is a key strategic role in our proposition team and will be responsible for building and managing a new UK wide property attribute data lake to support development of internal propositions to improve operational efficiencies as well as commercial property data led products and propositions.
• Lead development of the data strategy and execution within the company and ensure its integration and adoption across the business.
• Creation of the data science roadmap and be accountable for the data project portfolio across the business.
• Establish actionable KPI's and success metrics along with ensuring there is accurate reporting.
• Leverage data science tools and techniques to analyse large property attribute datasets that will enable development of custom models and algorithms to uncover property market insights, trends and patterns in the data.
• Drive the collection of new property attribute datasets as well as the refinement of existing business data sources.
• Create a data science platform and experiment with techniques inclusive of advanced analytics and capitalising on new data science approaches that can yield new revenue streams.
• Lead the development of a residential property Automated Valuation Model (AVP) which meets the accuracy requirements of all major high street lenders and credit ratings agencies.
• Build and lead the team of data engineers and scientists
• Engage and manage 3rd party suppliers which are needed to help develop the data portfolio
• Own the architecture of the data lake and the technologies used in the creation and management of the data
Knowledge and Experience
• Significant working experience in a data science capacity and preferably in the property market, or an interest in this field.
• Successful experience of the implementation of new data science models, tools and techniques that lead to improved business performance.
• Demonstrable experience in development of residential property Automated Valuation Models.
• Proficient in use of SQL to query databases and will also be an expert working with both relational and non-relational database systems such as SQL. The candidate must also be highly familiar with modern machine learning techniques for classification and regression as well of knowledge of experimental design and statistical modelling.
• Exceptional project management skills with an ability to lead a cross-business group in a unified direction
• Degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field
If you feel you match our requirements and are looking for your next career challenge, or for a confidential discussion on the full details of this role please contact Loren Worrall on 07800705566 or firstname.lastname@example.org – alternatively apply with your CV for a quick response. Our team are also available out of hours on 07794 392858
In your Application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example, she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs)
PRE EMPLOYMENT SCREENING - All of our employees have to pass a Criminal Records Disclosure and Credit Referencing Process in order to work with our lender clients, if you are unsure on this, ask the team and we'll be happy to explain the process.
LSL Property Services are dedicated to protecting your data – our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed HERE