Trading since 1989, e.surv Chartered Surveyors is the UK's number one residential surveyor and the largest provider of property risk expertise and residential surveying services. To put it into numbers, we complete more than one property inspection every 12 seconds and employ over 600 surveyors from Land’s End to John O’Groats and Northern Ireland. This gives us the flexibility to offer nationwide coverage combined with invaluable local knowledge.
We're part of the LSL Property Services PLC Group, which includes household names Your Move and Reeds Rains, as well as the mortgage network PRIMIS. We work with lenders, intermediaries, social housing entities and estate agents in addition to private customers.
We are now recruiting for a Web and Applications Developer to design, develop and test software solutions for use across e.surv and its clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, maintain and coordinate backup mechanisms for the purposes of business continuity while maintaining a high level of data availability, in line with IT processes and procedures.
- To cover the full development lifecycle from design and planning through to development, testing and delivery
- Maintain/update current applications, ensuring at all times that change and release processes are followed.
- Work with BAs to ensure that solutions are fit-for-purpose and will deliver the expected benefits.
- Ensure that code is well documented, and that knowledge is shared wherever possible. Provide ongoing support for all code written.
- Provide application support for all related applications.
- Application development - 3 years + experience with creating Python, Django, ReactJS applications
- Database developer - Expertise in provision, implementation, maintenance and evolution of the e.surv data warehouse, databases and associated technology whilst also ensuring maximum performance from systems.
- SQL - Experience in administering Microsoft SQL servers, PostgreSQL and other relational database management systems, maintenance plans, database user and security audit with a proven track record on how to achieve maximum database performance by analysing execution plans, indexes, query performance tuning and other SQL best practices.
- IOS Swift development - A good understanding and working knowledge of Swift development. Experience of delivering IOS apps from concept through to support.
- Strong working knowledge of programming (Swift, ReactJS, Docker, Django, Python, HTML 5)
- Excellent working knowledge of relational database management systems including SQL.
- Good working knowledge of the Linux and Windows command line interfaces.
- Good working knowledge of user interface design technologies
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence, robotics, and computer vision
- Good working knowledge of linear and logistic regression algorithms
To submit your details, or for a confidential chat about life at e.surv, please contact Loren in our Recruitment Team on 07800705566 for a confidential discussion.
PRE EMPLOYMENT SCREENING - All of our employees have to pass a Criminal Records Disclosure and Credit Referencing Process in order to work with our lender clients, if you are unsure on this, ask the team and we'll be happy to explain the process.