Trading since 1989, e.surv Chartered Surveyors is the UK's number one residential surveyor and the largest provider of property risk expertise and residential surveying services. To put it into numbers, we complete more than one property inspection every 12 seconds and employ over 600 surveyors from Land’s End to John O’Groats and Northern Ireland. This gives us the flexibility to offer nationwide coverage combined with invaluable local knowledge.
We're part of the LSL Property Services PLC Group, which includes household names Your Move and Reeds Rains, as well as the mortgage network PRIMIS. We work with lenders, intermediaries, social housing entities and estate agents in addition to private customers.
Over the past 30 years, we’ve enjoyed huge success, kick-starting and developing the careers of hundreds of residential surveyors. Right now, we’re looking to recruit even more residential surveyors and registered valuers to our nationwide teams, all of whom are now benefiting from our industry-leading technology.
We are growing our risk and governance team and this role will support and assist with overseeing and management of our compliance team, this role is required to:
- Design and Develop strategies and processes to lead an effective compliance programme for relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks (e.g. data privacy/security, anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption etc.).
- Prepare and deliver required compliance reports for relevant boards and committees as required.
- Develops, initiates, maintains and revises policies and procedures to prevent illegal or unethical conduct.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls for existing frameworks (e.g. ISO27001 and ISO9001, and seek to continuously improve them).
- Liaise with Group Legal and Group HR Departments to monitor the enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Carry out compliance sign-offs and maintenance of relevant risk registers.
- Implementation and monitoring of robust internal procedures and governance (controls).
- Deliver an updated annual compliance plan and an ongoing compliance monitoring programme.
- Review and update the broader assurance programme to highlight/identify any compliance concerns.
- Prepare for any internal and external compliance audits and reviews (client)
- Work within Risk & Governance to design, implement and embed an appropriate risk and compliance culture across the organisation.
- Where necessary, carry out the analysis of upcoming legislative and regulatory changes and the impact on the organisation.
- Setting and Monitoring of Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicators with key personnel.
- Develop a programme of compliance maturity and continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Audit, the successful candidate will join the Risk & Governance Team at e.surv responsible for:
- Ensuring that the organisation has internal risk management frameworks and internal controls in place that appropriately identify, measure and manage compliance.
- Ensuring the company operates in a compliant manner in accordance with legislative, regulatory and client contractual obligations, standards and internal policies.
- Ensuring Third Party Suppliers are compliant with their contractual obligations and management of internal audit activity.
- Providing regular updates to the Business via the Head of Risk & Audit with regards to where improvements could be made whilst highlighting potential deficiencies in practice, process or control.
- Developing and engaging the workforce to deliver the highest standards of legislative and regulatory performance.
- Being a forward thinker, with strong judgement skill and excellent attention to detail.
Applicants will need to evidence demonstrable experience in a compliance role where they are used to building compliance frameworks, to meet multiple client contract obligations, third party supplier management and managing internal and external stakeholders.
You will also need to show experience and an understanding of handling multiple client contracts with obligations in the areas of compliance for GDPR, information Security, Business Continuity, Data Records Management, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and Modern Slavery.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance frameworks such as data protection and information security.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO frameworks (e.g. Information Security and Quality Management).
- Understanding of contractual relationship management.
- Understanding of downward supplier compliance management.
- Worked within an audit role.
This role requires compliance to the highest standards of health and safety in relation to behaviours and well-being of the team.
Regular national travel will be required with a minimum requirement of two full days based in the Kettering Office.
If you would like to explore the details of this role further then please contact Matt on 01773 767447 or email@example.com
LSL Property Services are dedicated to protecting your data – our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed HERE