Trading since 1989, we're the UK's largest provider of property risk expertise and residential surveying services. To put it into numbers, we complete more than one property inspection every 12 seconds and employ over 600 surveyors from Land’s End to John O’Groats. This gives us the flexibility to offer nationwide coverage combined with invaluable local knowledge.
We're part of the LSL Property Services PLC Group, which includes household names Your Move and Reeds Rains, as well as the mortgage network PRIMIS. We work with lenders, intermediaries, social housing entities and estate agents in addition to private customers.
We are now seeking an approachable person to be the lead contact for daily technical support of the email, server, storage and network environments. This person will become the technical lead for desktop engineering and support and to own resolution of tickets escalated from the Service Desk.
This is an exciting new role and a great opportunity to join a team who are passionate about delivering exceptional IT support.
- To provide a technical and functional escalation for the 2nd Line Support and ensure the speedy resolution of incidents
- To lead any root cause analysis and resolution of problems. Own and drive problem management for the relevant technical areas.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a process of Continuous Service Improvement.
- To play an active role in identifying improvement opportunities and ensuring that these are communicated to the Service Desk Team leader and / IT Support Manager as appropriate.
- Own and deliver 3rd Line Support and technical implementations into production
- Provide day-to-day support of the server, storage and network infrastructure
- Provide day-to-day support of infrastructure application services such as Active Directory, File & Print services, Exchange and Firewall
- Provide efficient and effective escalation path from the 2nd line support team
- Adhere to all operating procedures of the IT Service Desk specifically and the IT department generally.
- Minimum of five years’ experience supporting Windows Server environment.
- Experience of root cause analysis as part of Problem Management
- Excellent communications skills – both written and spoken
- Good Understanding of process improvement including Incident and Problem Management
- Good Understanding of virtualization solutions (VMWare)
- Deep experience of supporting Exchange and Active Directory.
- Experience of remote desktop technologies (e.g Autotask, RDP, TeamViewer)
- Good Exposure of supporting Remote Access Solution e.g. VPN, Direct Access
- Experience of anti-virus solutions (e.g Kaspersky, MacAfee EPO)
- Deep understanding of physical computer and server components to be able to troubleshoot problems (i.e. Raid Controllers).
- Solid understanding of networking protocols (IP routing) and principles of network traffic, and TCP/IP and networking technologies (e.g. LAN, WAN)
- Solid understanding of Backup and Restore technologies
- Demonstrable Server hardware skills and knowledge including Firewall Maintenance and configuration
If you feel you fit our criteria - please send us your CV and salary expectation for immediate consideration or contact Mark Cowlishaw-Booth for a confidential discussion.
LSL Property Services are dedicated to protecting your data – our Recruitment Privacy Notice can be viewed HERE